Shrimp Carpaccio is a very simple recipe to make and makes a lot of patxoca on a Christmas table or any other celebration. The one in the photo is decorated with persimmon but could be made with pomegranate, or some other colorful fruit (depending on the season).
Prawn carpaccio with persimmon "caviar"Categoria: Fish, Easy RecipesCuisine: Mediterranean
Carpaccio is a culinary technique for preparing food that consists of cutting them into thinner slices and serving them raw with a dressing. It is usually made with meat, fish or fruit. (Source: Wikipedia)
Ingredients for prawn carpaccio with persimmon "caviar"
12 peeled and clean prawns
Very good olive oil
The juice of a lemon
1 persimó (one of those that is hard persimmon)
Salt and pepper
Recipe for shrimp carpaccio
- Better than the shrimp are cool, but I do it with prawns and is just as well ... the sack an hour earlier from the freezer.
- Cut shrimp in half longitudinally.
- We put a plastic film on the kitchen marble and grease it with oil. Next, we arrange the prawns on top so that they do not touch each other, but as many joints as possible. We add a drizzle of oil again and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Now the difficult part… you have to flatten the prawns !!! I do this by grabbing the wood to cut the sausage and placing it on top of the prawns and then I crush it with the roller.
- This is a food that is served in the dish we will be working on… so we choose a nice dish where the prawns fit well and leave it ready.
- Once you have them flat, remove a part of the plastic film and put it behind the plate in reverse, turn it around and we remove the other part of the film. We would be the dish with prawns already on. We will clean it up a bit.
- Then salt it, pepper it (pepper color is very nice) and add a good dash of lemon.
- Assemble the dish and reserve in the fridge to serve it chilled.