Easy recipe that everyone likes, it's made in a moment and you don't even have to anticipate that you have to desalinate the cod !!! Ideal for summer.
Cod carpaccio on a bed of tomatoCategoria: Salads and Tastings, FishCuisine: Mediterranean
Carpaccio is a culinary technique for preparing food that consists of cutting them into thinner slices and serving them raw with a dressing. It is usually made with meat, fish or fruit. (Source: Wikipedia)
Ingredients for cod carpaccio on a bed of tomato
Four cuts of carpaccio per person (if it is a first course)
A very nice and big tomato
Cod Carpaccio recipe on a bed of tomato
- Desalinate the cod: To cut cod carpaccio buy already chopped thin market. If you find you can buy a thick stalk while still salted, cut it thin (1 mm) with cold meat slicer. As the slices are so thin is desalted at a time. Just put it in a bowl with water for 10 minutes (while we prepare the tomato, for example). After 10 minutes, the drain by placing it between two pieces of kitchen paper.
- Prepare the tomato: to make the carpaccio bed, a well-ripened tomato is selected and grated. We can place it right away and we will also need to dress it up. The amount of salt will depend on when we have salted the cod.
- the tapenade: I made the buy, but you could do at home with chopped black olives and anchovies if you have any.
- Serve chilled dish! Before bringing it to the table, I add another splash of olive oil to finish decorating it. Bon Appetit!
- It looks spectacular and is super easy to make. The secret is to find the finely chopped cod… I buy it at the cod market in Tortosa when I go there… and I buy a lot of it because as it is salty, it keeps well in the fridge and does not spoil.