This soup is very easy to do, which leads to make changes and making warm. Ideal for winter.
Soup cebaCategoria: Soups and pureesCuisine: MediterraneanDificultat: Easy
Onion soup is a broth in which the main ingredient is onion (although it also usually carries a bread base).
Ingredients for Onion Soup
1 onion per person
2 or hard
4 slices of bread
Grated cheese melts
A broth of something (vegetables, chicken, Avecrem… what we have on hand)
Un gra d’all
A cullaradeta de flour
A mica brandy
Mantega i oli
Salt, pepper, and a little thyme (very little)
Onion Soup Recipe
- Cut the onions in thin slices (the slicer cold cuts). Chop the garlic sold Finet. Fry onions and garlic in a mixture of butter and oil (the fancesos do only with butter ... so if you want to have a taste more "French" we can do it with just butter). We salt and pepper it. We let them simmer.
- When we think that is already quite cooked onion, add the tablespoon of flour and brandy. Stir well and let it evaporate a little brandy.
- Onions better if you are sweet ... but if not, nothing happens, we can add a bit of sugar (just a pinch).
- Add the broth and boil it.
- Meanwhile, we cut the hard-boiled eggs into small cubes (sometimes it can be done by breaking an egg in each terrine and letting it cook inside as if it were a "poached egg", I don't usually do this, I do it with a hard-boiled egg ). We add them to the broth.
- When boiled a little (about 5 minutes), remove it from the heat and put it in tubs. Add a slice of toast on (the onion soup today, the photo, I did not put a slice and there is bread crust cut into pieces) and cover with grated cheese melts. Grill it we take a moment to color.
- Once au gratin, it can be served.
- If the terrines are made of clay (like the ones in the photo) it takes a while to cool… so be careful not to scald.